Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Day Dawning

Hello world!  I awake this morning feeling refreshed and renewed.  It is not that my circumstances have changed, but I have changed my mindset about my circumstances.  Attitude can be everything you know.  Don't believe it?  Well how about two women who enter the hospital for the same type of treatment.  One embraces the treatment aggressively, remains optimistic and shares her experiences with others.  The other resists the treatment, is negative and isolates herself.  The first extends her life and lives to fight another day. The second experiences a slow and painful death.

Sometimes family and friends WE can be our own worst enemies!

I believe that it is time for us to embrace ALL that LIFE has to offer, good and bad.  Those experiences make us who we are.  So what if someone rejects us, is rude to us, forsakes us.  It does not define who we are, it simply reveals to us who they truly are.  STOP...think about it! LOL

Last night I made burgers and fries. I know, you say, "What is so special about that!"   Well most of you know I am a self proclaimed culinary wizard!  So I decided to spice things up with the following recipe:


Southwest Burgers

Ingredients:
1 pound of lean ground beef
1 small jalapeno pepper, minced (De-seeded or not if you like it hot)
1 green onion small diced
1/4 cup small diced tomato, De-seeded
Cilantro (minced if you like it)  I didn't have any but the recipe I created in my mind wished I did!
1 T. fresh lime juice
1 T. Soy Sauce
1 T. Catchup
Season with you fave (I used Tony Chachere's and Slap Your Mama)

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Form medium to large size patties (depending on your the size of buns)
Coat skillet with a small amount of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Cook on both sides for 3 minutes on medium to high heat (these would be super on the grill, Grill Masters!)

FLAVORLICIUOS!

Burgers were dressed with grilled onions, spinach leaves, Swiss cheese (would have added sauteed mushrooms if I had them!)

I served with oven fries seasoned with Italian Seasoning and drizzled with EVOO


Bon Appetit!



The point is, you can always take something old and UPGRADE it!



"You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving."
Amy Carmichael

No comments:

Post a Comment