Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Celebrations Abound!

Growing up my Mom used to sing this song, Fountain in the Park by Ed Haley (1862–1932) to me:


While strolling through the park one day,

In the merry merry month of May,

He was taken by surprise,
By a pair of roguish eyes,
In a moment his poor heart was stole away.
A smile was all she gave to him,
Of course she was as happy as can be,
He immediately raised his hat,
And finally she remarked,
He never will forget,
That lovely afternoon,
He met her at the fountain in the park.



I must say it brought a twinkle to my eyes as a child, but I never really knew what it meant until recently. Basically, it's a boy meets girl kind of story.  I take it now she was amused by the song and it would explain why she loved spring so much.  All things become new again.




Of course, I surmise that my being born the 15th of May on Mother's Day may have something to do with it too! On May 15th I will turn 57 years young, the day after Mother's day.  Mama has been celebrating in Heaven for 13 years now.  One thing I know for sure is she could sure throw a party.  I am certain her duties in Heaven include hospitality!



This year, I am so thrilled that most of my immediate family will be joining me in our nation's capital,  Washington D.C. It's a real exciting time because we get to see the new National Museum of African American History and Culture and lots of other sights in D.C.

The family is very important to us, as well as our cultural heritage. This trip I will be missing my #1 Son, Adrian. But finals week waits for no man!  Next year will be graduation, go Raiders, guns up!


We are excited to have an immersion experience by staying in an Airbnb in the community of Trinidad.  We are looking forward to sampling the local cuisine, art, and culture of Trinidad. Hat's off to Ana Maria our host for creating such a warm and inviting space!


It will be great to have food, fun, and fellowship with my sister Josephine, my niece Staci Viola, my daughters Arielle and Amiah and my dear friend Gwendolyn.Amiah is planning a birthday feast complete with a double-layer lemon cake and wine, of course, mmmm! I can't wait to taste the creamy goodness.  Be sure to check the Travel Blog and Instagram for pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment